We are a privately owned strategic marketing solutions company offering an excellent opportunity to gain hands on marketing experience with a focus on digital marketing, tourism, and local advertising sales.
Do you want to get a head start on a career in journalism?
Are you looking for hands-on experience? Are you a passionate storyteller with a competitive spirit? Belden Communications is looking for talented and hungry young professionals who are prepared to challenge themselves, step outside of their comfort zone, and deliver quality results.
As an intern at Belden Communications, you will develop skills that cannot be learned in a classroom but are essential to thrive in a marketing agency. Unlike other internships, you will not be delivering mail or placing lunch orders. You will join a team of marketing innovators. You will be challenged and encouraged to improve as you actively contribute to real projects.
The strength of our team is built on the robust culture
of our company. You must be smart, social, creative, communicative, uncommonly organized, passionate, loyal, team-oriented, dedicated, and eager to succeed.
Responsibilities for a News Editor Intern:
- Research, report, write and help create compelling articles and social media posts that seeks reactions from the community.
- Make it a mission to inform and engage readers through swift, insightful reporting.
- Work with editors and coworkers to shape articles/social media posts to meet audience needs and interests on every platform.
- Research new events and event information to be potentially covered.
- Connect with the audience through social media.
- Shadow reporters and learn digital and video skills.
- Learn how headlines, SEO, social posts, and effective mobile writing techniques help extend the reach of content.
- Collaborate with the visual team to provide all the appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos, and graphics).
- Capture basic photos and video as needed.
- Pursuing a degree in, Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing or similar area
- Strong creative writing skills
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Experience with social media
- WordPress experience preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Course credit
- Flexible work schedule
- Mentorship from in-house professionals
- Hands-on experience
- Industry trainings
- Professional development and recommendations